At its recent Episcopal Synod held at the Cathedral Church of St Barnabas, Ilorin, the Church of Nigeria has translated and elected the following Bishops for the diocese against their names.
- The Rt. Rev. Humphrey Olumakaiye for the Diocese of Lagos (on translation from the Diocese of Osun North East)
- The Rt. Rev Dr Samuel Ezeofor for the diocese of Aguata (on translation from Diocese of Ogbaru)
- The Rt. Rev Akintunde Popoola for Ibadan South diocese (on translation from Diocese of Offa)
- The Revd Canon Victor Agberam for the diocese of Northern Izon
- The Very Revd Stephen Oni for the diocese of Ondo
- The Ven. Dr Cornelius Adagbada for Oke-Ogun diocese
- The Ven. Dr Paul Olarewaju Ojo was elected for Ijumu diocese
Also two Archbishops were elected;
The Rt. Rev. Godwin Okpala of (Nnewi) for the Province of the Niger and
The Rt. Rev Gabriel Akinbiyi (Akoko) for the Province of Ondo
- The Dean
While The Most Rev. Ali Buba Lamido was elected as the Dean of the Church of Nigeria for a 5year- term.
The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, the Most Revd Dr Nicholas D. Okoh, solicits the prayers of the Church for these servants of God as they prepare to take their new offices.
The Rt. Rev. Dr S. Ayodeji Fagbemi