FULL TEXT + VIDEO: Primatial Address at the 14th General Synod of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion.September 22, 2023
- Korede Akintunde
- August 14, 2023
- 0 Comments
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki, now Bishop-Elect Akoko-Edo of Diocese, was born into the family of Surveyor Joseph Bayo & Mrs. Clara O. SAIKI, of Igarra in Akoko-Edo LGA, Edo state.
He had his Primary and Secondary Education in Benin City, Edo state where he was born. (Attended Ohuoba Primary School in Benin City from 1983 – 1989, Edo College in the same Benin City from 1990 – 1995, and finished Secondary education at Western Boys High School, Benin in 1996)
He gave his life to Christ on the 7th of August 1992 while in secondary school.
The journey into the Ordained Ministry started in 1996 as a Church Agent in the Diocese of Benin. Later, was trained and licensed as a Lay Reader in the same Diocese.
Thereafter, he had his Theological Training at Immanuel College of Theology, Ibadan from 2001 – 2004. Upon graduation, he was posted to the then Diocese of Sabongidda Ora (now 3 Dioceses)
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Christian Religious Studies from the Premier University – The prestigious University of Ibadan and he is presently pursuing a Postgraduate Degree in Church History at Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki was Deaconed on 27th June 2004 by the late Archbishop A. A. Agbaje, who was at the time, Bishop of the Diocese of Sabongida Ora. That Service was held at St James Anglican Church, Ugbogbo, Igarra now the Cathedral of the Diocese of Akoko-Edo where he, The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki will be Enthroned as the Second Bishop of the Diocese.
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki was Ordained into the Order of Priesthood in the Diocese of Esan by Archbishop F.J. Imaekhai now retired, (then the supervisory Bishop of Sabongidda Ora Diocese) on 10th July 2005.
He was Preferred Canon and Archdeacon by the Late Rt. Rev. Jolly Ehigiator Oyekpen (First Bishop) of the Diocese of Akoko-Edo in 2010 and 2012 respectively.
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki has held various Offices in his Ordained Ministry and some of them are:
- Clerical Synod Secretary, Diocese of Akoko-Edo (2016 – 2021).
- Director, Junior Clergy School/School of Mission, Diocese of Akoko Edo.
- Chairman, Akoko-Edo’s Diocesan Budget Committee for 6years
- Bendel Provincial Clergy representative at Jerusalem GAFCON 2018.
- Chaplain, Ajayi Crowther University Foundation Program, Ibadan.
- President, Student Christian Movement (SCM) ICT, Ibadan (2004 – 2005)
Parishes where he served
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki has equally served in the following places.
- Our Saviour’s Anglican Church, Oregbeni, Ikpoba Hill, Benin City, where he was the Church Organist and later became the Church Agent and Lay reader between 1996 – 2001.
- St. Paul’s Church, Lampese, Akoko-Edo, where he served as Curate between 2004 – 2007.
- Hope and Salvation Anglican Church, Jericho, Ibadan, where he was the Vicar of the Church from 2008 – 2010
- Ajayi Crowther University (Foundation Program), Ibadan Campus, as Chaplain from 2008 – 2010.
- St. Paul’s Church, Makeke, Akoko-Edo, where he was the Supervisor of the Archdeaconry and Vicar between 2010 – 2011
- St. John’s Church, Uffa, Igarra, where he served as Archdeacon of Igarra South Archdeaconry and Vicar from 2012 – 2016
- St. Paul’s Church, Okpe kingdom, Akoko-Edo, as Archdeacon of Okpe Archdeaconry and Vicar between 2016 – 2022
- St. James Cathedral Church, Ugbogbo Igarra, where he served as the Vicar from July 2022 to June 2023 when the Episcopal Synod of the Church of Nigeria considered him as the Bishop-Elect of the Diocese of Akoko-Edo.
The Ven. Ebenezer Omeiza Saiki had a brief stay with The Rt. Rev. Prof. Dapo Asaju in the Chapel of Light, Lagos State University (LASU), Lagos in 2007.
He is married to Mrs. Favour Akhere Saiki and they are blessed with four lovely Children.
It is to Preach and Teach the undiluted Word to God’s Church, particularly in Akoko-Edo and all through its environment.
By God’s grace, our plan is to carry out this mandate with all sense of humility, commitment, and responsibility till Christ’s second coming.