PRESS RELEASE (DISCLAIMER)
The attention of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) has been drawn to some publications in the social and other media by the Orthodox Anglican Church International and the following:
- Rt Rev’d Christopher Umane – Archbishop
- Rt Rev’d Adewumi – Bishop of Ogun Diocese
- Rt Rev’d Solomon Omorege – Bishop of Edo Central Diocese
- Rt Rev’d Baaba – Bishop of Abia
- Rt Rev’d Idowu Ojo – Bishop of Oyo
- Rt Rev’d Awe – Bishop Elect of Lagos Diocese
The so called Orthodox Anglican Church International is not part of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and the so called Bishops and Archbishop are not Bishops and Archbishop of the Church of Nigeria.
The Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) is registered under Companies and Allied Matters Act and The Trade Marks Act.
As necessary legal action is being taken on this infringement/passing off, The Church of Nigeria appeals to our Archbishops, Bishops, and Dioceses to have nothing to do with the so called Orthodox Anglican Church International especially our Archbishops, Bishops, Clergy and Laity of the Ecclesiastical Provinces of Lagos, Bendel, Ibadan, Aba, Niger Delta and Ondo.
Dated this 2nd Day of April 2020.