The conference which was held from the 14th – 17th of October 2015 had its theme, Effective communication skills for Diocesan communicators.
The conference, which was held at the conference center, Ibadan was declared open by the Primate of All Nigeria Anglican Communion, the Most Revd. Nicholas D. Okoh,represented by the Archbishop Ecclesiastical Province of Ibadan, the Most Revd. Dr. Segun Okubadejo.
Thirty six (36) participants from twenty eight (28) Dioceses were in attendance
1. Participants appreciate the Primate for initiating the professional training of Diocesan communicators in the Department of communication and Language Arts University of Ibadan
2. Conference is motivated by the effect of Diocesan Bishops who sent their communicators to the annual Diocesan communicators’ conference and appeals to other Bishops who have not yet aligned to key into the vision of training and retraining of their communicators for effective communication.
3. Conference observes that the content of the workshop is rich and relevant to the communicator’s assignment; however, conference expects greater emphasis on practical training and hands on activities in future training.
4. In line with the theme of the conference participants agree that effective communication comes from conciseness, precision, appropriate diction correct pronunciation and good understanding of English in order to facilitate proper representation of various Dioceses.
5. That each Diocese should have communicators and active media outfits for the purpose of proper management and free flow of information, development of a reliable information data base in each Diocese, and effective and wholesale dissemination of information from the Diocese to the wider world.
6. Conference appeals to the Archbishops and Bishops to further engage their communicators in media activities outside the Diocese
7. Conference makes an appeal to the Archbishops and Bishops to involve their Diocesan communicators in and allow them to facilitate their media brief and activities.
8. Conference made an appeal to the Archbishops and Bishops to include their Diocesan communicators in the communique committees of their synods.
9. Communicators should not see their participation as a jamboree, but should translate it into practical action in their Dioceses and as a matter of necessity send monthly reports on news-worthy events of their Diocese to the Director of communications Church of Nigeria. (Anglican Communion).
MEMBERS OF THE ROAD MAP/ RESOLUTION COMMITTEE.
1. Dr (Mrs) Oluwatoyin B. Jegede. (Diocese of Ife) – chairman
2. Revd Canon ThankGod Ogujiuba. (Calabar Diocese)
3. Revd Canon Samuel Bola Osiniye.( Ijebu Anglican Diocese)
4. The Revd Emmanuel Babatola Abioye.(Yewa Diocese) – Secretary
5. Revd Olugbenga Williams Ajayi. (Diocese of Badagry )
Ven. Foluso Taiwo
Director of Communications,
Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion)